Life can be hard. So hard.
In some seasons, my soul feels like it’s been through battle.
Do you ever feel that way?
The Lord keeps me going, day by day, in lots of ways.
First through His Word and presence, then through His people.
But He also uses beauty to bind my bruised heart.
Like a compass ever pointing me back to Him and to hope, the beautiful and lovely things of life reassure me that it will be ok. These “cups of cold water” from my Father get me through hard days, simply they might be.
• The bird outside my window, whistling his tune: Spring is here!
• This song! I love the line “I couldn’t run from His presence.” What a comforting reminder to know I can’t outrun Him.
• Re-watching BBC’s 1995 Pride and Prejudice mini-series on Amazon. I am a loyal fan of Keira’s 2005 version- oh the lushness of it all, oh the soundtrack, oh that final scene when Mr. Darcy comes striding down that dawn-filled hill! But I decided to give the BBC series another chance and it’s been delightful. With the longer length, it’s like slowly sipping a comforting drink. And now that I’m giving Jennifer Ehle another shot, she really is charming. And England is still England. 😉
• The Lifegiving Home. Although I’m not yet done with this library book, I know I am going to buy it. Written for either the full-time homemaker or just the soul that loves home, the book affirms again and again the value and necessity of home. It adorns the vocation of making-home. I love it. 🙂
• Finding tiny dresses drying in my bathroom.
• Traditional Medicinals Chamomile with Lavender tea. This tea is like a spa in a cup. The tension slips away with every sip. Try it!!!
• Psalm 12:5: “‘For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now I will arise,’ says the LORD; ‘I will set him in the safety for which he yearns.'”
How beautiful! He is the Truest Comfort in this weary world. How I love Him.
That’s it for today, but hopefully some of these “cups” bring you comfort, too.
What about you? What’s been your comfort lately?